Source from mmo-champion showcase some major nerfs to the hunter at Wotlk.
- Aspect of the Beast has been removed
- Aspect of the Viper now regenerate a percentage of maximum mana equal to base ranged weapon speed on each ranged attack and reduces your damage done by 50%
- Kill Shot now deals 200% weapon damage plus [30% of RAP + 400] damage. (Old - Weapon damage plus [15% of RAP + 2500] damage)
- Cobra Strikes now affects your pet's next 2 special attacks. (Down from 3)
- Invigoration now has a 50/100% to instantly regenerate 1% mana when your pet scores a critical hit with a special ability. (Old - 100% chance to regenerate 1/2% mana)
- Aspect Mastery now reduces the damage down to you while Aspect of the Monkey is active by 5% (down from 10%) and increases the attack power bonus of Aspect of the Hawk by 30% (down from 50%)
- Improved Steady show now has a chance to reduce the mana cost of your next Aimed / Arcane / Chimera shot by 20%. (Down from 40%)
- Hunting Party now lasts 15 seconds
- Noxious Stings is now implemented
- Lock and Load now affects your next Arcane Shot (down from 3 next Arcane Shot).
- T.N.T now increases the critical strike chance of your Explosive Shot and Explosive Trap by 3/6/9%. (Down from 5/10/15%)
Since major nerf to Lock and load and T.N.T which previously fair heavily in the strategy of my prefer beta build 1, i sincerely believe that there is no more reason to take up to points at lock and load just for a merely one no mana, no cooldown shot, furthermore, it needs to either trap a person or change on sting. Nonetheless, T.N.T and explosive shot still seems to be a pretty decent skills. However, due to Explosive shot require 50 points talent into survival tree, we might as well sacrifice explosive shot and T.N.T for deeper Markman tree talent.
Here is my Beta Build 2, Click here
The major different Beta Build 2 compared with Beta Build 1, is where, in Build 2, there is no more Explosive shot, T.N.T and Lock and Load. In return, we have scatter shot, which will be decent when use together with readiness, 3 points into Improved arcane shot, and 2 points into Combat experience. Combat experience gives a total of 12% extra attack power along with Careful aim.
Well, frost trap will still be the core move of the strategy with Point of no escape talent, with the additional cc of scatter shot and additional AP from Combat experience and Improve arcane shot, i am still pretty optimistic with the Beta hunter playability.
Im not a Beta tester, just merely having fun dwelling with the Beta build, hope no more major nerf in the coming patch tho.
Thanks for reading.